Many thanks to the 235 area young adults who participated in our annual Teen Summer Reading Challenge! As part of this program, we invited youth ages 12-18 to share three book reviews, in addition to reading for 15 hours and completing seven fun, library-related activities.
Of the book reviews that were submitted, here are the most popular authors and series that were reviewed by our teen readers:
- Louisa May Alcott, author of “Little Women”
- J.K. Rowling, author of the “Harry Potter” series
- Shannon Hale, author of “Real Friends” and the “Princess Academy” series
- Katherine Applegate, author of “The One and Only Ivan” and “Wishtree”
- Rick Riordan, author of the “Percy Jackson & the Olympians” series and the “Kane Chronicles” series
For more book recommendations, be sure to check out our list of the Top-Rated Teen Summer Reading Titles. These are the YA books that received a 5-star rating from those who submitted their book reviews online. There is a wide range of titles including new releases like “Stamped” by Jason Reynolds and old favorites like “City of Bones” by Cassandra Clare.