My best friend and I love to paint so we decided to make a friendship painting together! We combined our favorite things–rainbows, slothicorns and unicorns and made a beautiful painting! Grab your best pal and paint along with us on our YouTube channel.
Here is what you’ll need to get started. This is the exact list of what we used, but you can deviate from the list and make it your own!
- Canvas. We used a 4×4 canvas.
- Acrylic paint. We used the following colors and mixed them to make other colors:
- Brush. We used a small flat brush for the background and sometimes a Sharpie for the details.
- Water cup and towel. You will want to rinse and squeeze your brush between each color.
- Paper plate. We used a paper plate to mix my colors.
- Hair dryer. You can use a hair dryer to make your dry time a little faster.
- Apron or drop cloth. We used acrylic paint which is sometimes difficult to get out of fabric, so if you are a messy painter you may want to cover up anything you don’t intend to paint.
- Snacks. Each painting will take you about 30 minutes to complete if you use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process. Creativity takes a lot of brainpower, so you’ll want to have some sparkling water handy to stay hydrated and maybe snack nearby. Make sure to wash your hands before you eat!
We would love to see your finished artwork. Snap a pic and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.