Celebrate narwhals, the unicorns of the sea, with your own beautiful painting! If you missed our virtual guided painting class, here are some instructions so you can still paint along at home.
This is what you’ll need to get started:
- Canvas. I used a 10 inch x 10 inch canvas.
- Acrylic paint. I used the following colors and mixed them to make other colors:
- Brushes. I used a 1 inch foam brush for the background and the narwhal and a 1 cementer flat brush for the details.
- Cup of water and towel. You will want to rinse and squeeze your brushes between each color.
- Paper plate. I used a paper plate to mix my colors.
- Hair dryer. You can use a hair dryer to make your dry time a little faster.
- Easel. I used an easel in the video so you could watch me paint, but you can also paint it flat.
- Apron or drop cloth. I used acrylic paint, which is sometimes difficult to get out of fabric. So if you are a messy painter, you may want to cover up anything you don’t intend to paint.
- Snacks. This painting will take you about 45 minutes to complete if you use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process. Creativity takes a lot of brainpower, so you’ll want to have juice or water handy to stay hydrated and maybe a snack nearby. Make sure to wash your hands before you eat!
We would love to see your finished artwork! Snap a pic and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy painting!