Here is a super cute craft you can do with kiddos of all ages. Who doesn’t love a sweet scrap paper snail?
You will need
- Four strips of paper, 2 inches wide, 10-12 inches long
- One pipe cleaner, cut in half
- Hole Punch
- Googly eyes
- Choose one strip of paper to be the body of your snail. Hole Punch two holes into one end of this paper.
- Feed the pipe cleaner through the holes you made in step two, and tape to the inside of the paper, so the pipe cleaner stands upright. These are the eye stalks of your snail.
3. Tape the body of your snail ‘closed’, with the eye stalks on top.
4. Attach googly eyes to the end of the pipe cleaner to complete the eyestalks
5. Curl one strip of paper into a circle and tape closed. Repeat with the remaining two strips of paper, making each circle smaller than the others. Nest the circles so they are all touching at one point and tape them together. You now have the shell of your snail!
6. Tape your snail’s shell to the body, behind the eyestalks.
7. Give your snail a name and enjoy!
Did you know that a group of snails is called an escargatorie, a route, or a walk of snails? Excuse me while I go find more paper. I think I need a walk of colorful snails at my desk in a variety of sizes.