Join us for our monthly virtual book discussion on Thursday, February 3 from 12-1 p.m. This month we’ll depart from our usual format to discuss some picture books with Black history themes. Adults can find value in reading picture books, which provide an introduction to a subject and are often illustrated with beautiful artwork.
Here are the books to read for our discussion:
- “The Undefeated” by Kwame Alexander
- “Unspeakable: The Tulsa Race Massacre” by Carole Boston Weatherford
- “Exquisite: The Poetry and Life of Gwendolyn Brooks” by Suzanne Slade
- “Pies from Nowhere: How Georgia Gilmore Sustained the Montgomery Bus Boycott” by Dee Romito
- “Swish! The Slam-dunking, Alley-ooping, High-flying Harlem Globetrotters” by Suzanne Slade
- “We Shall Overcome: The Story of a Song” by Debbie Levy
- “Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race” by Margot Lee Shetterly
- “Game Changers: The Story of Venus and Serena Williams” by Lesa Cline-Ransome
Register for a Zoom link.