Why should kids have all the fun? Summer Reading is for grown-ups, too! The Daniel Boone Regional Library is challenging adults to read three books, submit three book reviews and do seven fun, library-related activities. Complete the challenge, and beginning July 1, you’ll receive a prize. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including a telescope or a book store gift card.
Step Two: Read three books and submit three book reviews.
Step Three: Complete any seven of these activities:
- Get a library card.
- Read a genre of book outside your comfort zone (mystery, romance, western, sci-fi).
- Star Struck! Read a celebrity biography.
- Read a book set in space (fiction or nonfiction).
- Read a book with “Star” in the title.
- Read the One Read book.
- Leave a comment on a title in the library’s online catalog.
- Download an ebook or audiobook.
- Watch a sci-fi film or TV show on DVD, Hoopla or Kanopy.
- Discover the soundtrack of your life: stream a playlist on Freegal.
- Go stargazing.
- Attend a library program. Check out our event calendar.
- Share a Summer Reading photo and tag us on Instagram (@dbrl.library) or Facebook (@yourdbrl).
- Talk about a book with others.
- Ask an older family member or friend to tell you a story from their past.
- Cook a recipe from a culture other than you own.
- Perform a random act of kindness or community service.
- Vist a new-to-you DBRL branch or vehicle (e.g. Bookmobile or Book Bike).
Step Four: When you’re finished, bring your completed reading record to any library or bookmobile stop and receive your prize, beginning July 1. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including an Amazon Fire tablet or a telescope.
Throughout the summer, the library will host genre celebrations, explorations of the Apollo 11 moon landing, film screenings and more! Check out the library’s event calendar for more information about these fun programs.